Sunday 31 March 2013

Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day I decided to make something myself for my husband.

So armed with some red and white wools, I attempted something which involved increasing and decreasing stitches, which I had never done before.  My trusty book, The Happy Hooker, was never far from my side.

First of all I decided to make a heart and chose to do a Danish heart by Alipyer.  It turned out to be very easy, although I think I did get a little lost along the way but it turned out just like her photo.



Then my next task was a teddy bear.  This is what caused me the most anxiety with the increasing and decreasing......but it turned out to be a doddle....what was I getting into a stew about?  Unfortunately I can't remember where I got the pattern from but here is the pic: 




I thought it turned out quite well.  Betty, as usual, was quite happy to act as a prop for it to sit up against.  The bow was my little embellishment.  Husband was polite and pleased with his presents.....so, they were successful, even if they weren't perfect.  But then, practice makes perfect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment