The lady chose her colours: purple, off white, dark dusky pink and a light mixed fleck pink. So on the days that we decided to chill out, I sat outside and did some crocheting.
Excuse the hair, it went a bit lank that day :-)
We had a lovely holiday on a campsite in France. While I was crocheting a young lad in the next caravan saw me and came over and asked what I was doing. So I showed him how I was doing the stitches and explained that I had to make all the flower motifs and then stitched them together to make a hippo. At this point I showed him the photos that I had taken on my previous hippo. He was amazed and had to go and tell his parents, who then had to come and have a look as well.
I came home with pile of motifs:
This time I decided not to do any of the ends until I had done all the rounds and it made for a much neater finish. I was much happier with the stitches. I had read that someone in one of the crochet groups I belong to, saves all the ends and then uses them to stuff toys that she makes. I thought this was a good and idea and it is amazing how many ends you have at the end of a project.
Here is the finished Happypotamus: 21" long by 8.5" tall.
I have another week in France, different region, in a couple of weeks, so will have to think of another holiday project.
Holiday hippo (as he was called) was safely delivered to his new owner and given the name, Humphrey. I am very pleased that he has gone to a good home and will be cherished.
Just before he went off, I received my new labels which I ordered from 'gblabels'. I am very pleased with them.....fast and efficient service which is more than can be said for Woven Labels who managed to get my order wrong twice.